Search This Blog

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Here goes...


" What do I think about this? Just this: since Christ is proclaimed in every possible way, whether from dishonest or true motives, I’m glad and I’ll continue to be glad."-Philippians 1:18(CEB).

  If you love God you will love His word. Some people are confused, confounded, or taken aback every time a new translation of the Bible appears. I am thankful. Each translation is a chance to connect with God anew, a chance to allow His Spirit to show you things you've never seen before, in ways you've never before seen them. God's wisdom is infinitely multifaceted, like a brilliant gemstone and with every turn of phrase and nuance His light is revealed in a new way.
  Therefore it is with gratitude that I have received the Common English Bible. It is quite easily read and understood and I hope that those who come in contact with it will see in it God's truth and breathe a prayer of thanks for the men and women who have labored so diligently in this particular vineyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment